New Site Baptist Church was organized in September of 1848 in a log school house near Hudson Spring (about 5 miles west of the current location). It is believed that New Site is the oldest Baptist church in Barry County.
For a number of years the New Site congregation met in several locations. Due to the Civil War, the church did not hold services for a period of 4 years. After the war, services resumed with 35 members on the roll. In 1878, a building was built on an acre of ground, 1 mile south west of its current location.
In 1916 the church built a red brick building on a site secured on the A.E. Banks farm and again relocated. In 1919 the church was officially known as “New Site Baptist Church” after aligning itself with the Southern Baptist Convention.